In response to market demand, APA now offers a series of high value materials, greatly simplifying the supply chain, reducing lead-time and costs.
Aluminum-silicon alloys, containing 20 – 40% silicon, including standard compositions with trace metal additions to increase strength, toughness. All readily machinable, weldable, using conventional techniques. Compatible with standard electroplating and conversion coating processes. Available in bulk form, rough cut to customer specification; standard bars from 0.75” to 4.25” dia, shapes up to 40” on a side. Manufactured in Europe.
|RSA-431||T6||Al Si30 Cu1,5 Mg1,2 Fe0,4 Ni0,4|
|Alloy||Density g/cm3||Thermal Expansion 10-6 / K||Stiffness GPa||Specific Stiffness Gpa/g/cc||Thermal Conductivity W/m-K||UTS Mpa||Yield Strength Mpa||Elongation %||Hardness (HB)|
Aluminum-silicon carbide metal matrix composites (MMCs), containing 20 – 40% silicon carbide, priced favorably to copper on a volumetric basis. Available in strip and sheet form, up to 18” x 36”, thickness from 0.5 mm to 6 mm. Fabrication techniques include stamping, chemical milling, laser cutting, machining and EDM. Compatible with standard electroplating and conversion coating processes. Manufactured in the United States.
|Young's Mod (GPa)||100||115||150||70||45||130||193|
Downloadable documents containing data and other important technical information regarding the use of engineered materials. Bookmark this page and visit often. New information added on a regular basis, as details become available.
- Paper describing advanced materials for extreme space applications
- Paper describing nickel plated metal mirrors utilizing meltspun aluminium silicon alloy
- Paper describing a novel athermal approach for high performance cryogenic metal optics
- Paper describing athermal metal optics made from Ni plated ALSI40
- Paper describing CTE mismatch on solder attached GaAs MMICs
- Paper describing custom AlSi hybrid microwave packages
- Paper describing hermetic welding of AlSi alloys
All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. Advanced Packaging Associates, Inc. does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any actions taken upon the information found on www.askapa.com is strictly at the users own risk.